The West Bengal government introduced the Matsyajeebi Credit Card Scheme, offering fisherman credit card facilities. Fishing enthusiasts are given easy-to-repay loans under this scheme. It’s open to all fish farms, even tiny and marginal ones. The Department of Fisheries, Aquaculture, Aquatic Resources, and Fishing Harbours, Government of West Bengal, is the Nodal Department for this Scheme. Here you will get all the details regarding Matsya Jeebi Credit Card
The goal of the scheme is to give fish farmers institutional short-term financial support to meet their working capital needs. A government-backed loan scheme called Matsyajeebi Credit Card provides up to Rs. 2 lakh at 7% APR to fish producers and fishermen without requiring collateral. After harvesting and marketing, payment can be made. Its goal is to give fish producers in West Bengal prompt, easy access to loans at reasonable rates.
Loans of up to Rs. 2,00,000 are available to fishermen. Loans up to Rs 1.6 lakh don’t require a guarantee. Banks that participate in the MJCC scheme offer low-interest loans to fish growers. Now, the loan has an interest rate of 7%. The fisherman who repays the loan before the deadline will receive a 3% rebate. A mechanism for postponing payments in the event of a poor crop season allows farmers to return the loan after harvest.
– he applicant must be a West Bengal resident. – Inland Fisheries & Aquaculture: Fishers, Fish farmers (individual & groups/partners/share croppers/lease holder farmers), Self Help Groups, Joint Liability Groups & Women Groups, are eligible. – Marine Fisheries: Owner of boats or fishing vessels with registration. Possess the required license or authority from the relevant body to engage in pisciculture or fish farming in estuaries and open waters, as well as fishing in seas and seas.
The following fish farmers will be able to use credit cards. – All Small /Marginal Fish Farmer – Self-help Group – Joint Liability Group – Fish Producer Group – Fish Farmer Producer Organization Fishermen who follow can gain from the Matsyajeebi Credit Card Scheme. – Dry fish processing – Door-to-door fish Vending – Pickles – Papad Maker From fish/prawn – Making Jewelry from fish skin
– Residence proof. – Aadhaar Card – Voter Card – Passport size Photo – Fisherman Identity card – Ownership Related Documents. The following written or oral documents are associated with the lease of the water body or public representative. – Panchayati Raj Institution. – Municipality. – Municipal Corporation.
– Visit the official site and log in to the Fisherman’s portal. – Applicant needs to enter the registered mobile number, Fisherman Registration number and the OTP received through the SMS. – Then, the application form will appear, fill out the application form. – After completing the form check twice before submitting. – Upload all of the necessary files to the site. – Then, click the “Submit” button. – The Department of Fisheries will confirm receipt of the application form, and you will get your credit card.
– Either you can download the application form or collect the Matsyajeebi credit card form from the Duare Sarkar Initiative camp. – Please fill out the application form completely. – Enclose it with all the necessary documentation. – Now, submit the application form and the necessary supporting documentation. – Camp officials will confirm and give their approval. – Then, you may pick up your card by going to the Department of Fisheries office.
– Visit the West Bengal Matsyajeebi Credit Card portal. – Click the “Fisherman Login” button. – Enter your registration number, then click the “Send OTP” button. – Enter your login OTP, then click the “Validate OTP” button. – You have now successfully logged in as a Fisherman. – Click on ‘Status Timeline’ to view your MJCC Loan status. – The Fisherman Dashboard displays your application’s current status.