The government of West Bengal has introduced the West Bengal Lakshmi Bhandar Scheme to give basic income support to female heads of households. The government would give Rs 500/month to general category families and Rs 1000/month to SC/ST families. This initiative would help around 1.6 crore West Bengal families. This Scheme was created with the state’s monthly average household consumption spend of Rs 5249 in mind. This plan will cover 10% to 20% of a beneficiary’s monthly spending.
The West Bengal government has organized the second phase of the Duare Sarkar Project Camp from August 16 to September 15 in 2022. Citizens can apply for numerous state government schemes through these camps. During the first two days, 18,500 camps were set up, with 29,02,049 individuals taking part. The West Bengal Laxmi Bhandar scheme was the most popular, according to government sources.
– The benefit amount under this system will be delivered beginning in September. – Beneficiaries can obtain a free application form from government camps hosted around the state. – All candidates must provide all relevant papers, including an Aadhar card and a bank account passbook, together with the application form. – This plan is not open to households with at least one tax-paying member.
– Women in the general category who own more than 2 hectares of land are also ineligible for this plan. – The reward money will be deposited immediately into the beneficiary’s bank account. – The beneficiary’s Aadhaar number should be connected to the bank account. – This scheme is open to West Bengal women who are permanent residents and are between the ages of 25 and 60.
Over 1.23 million persons have successfully enrolled under this initiative. 1226611 West Bengal people have applied for this initiative through the Duare Sarkar camps. The district administrators have also directed authorities to educate people about this plan so that all eligible recipients can profit from it.
Every SC and ST community would be covered by this plan. The government has determined qualifying requirements for the general category. The government has set aside Rs 12900 crore for this scheme. West Bengal’s government already maintains a database of certain qualified recipients, such as 33 lakh women who are beneficiaries of social security systems.
The major goal of the scheme is to give basic income assistance to female heads of families. Female heads of families would receive Rs 500 (general category) and Rs 1000 under this initiative (SC and ST category). West Bengal residents would be able to fund their daily activities thanks to this financial assistance. This plan will help them become self-sufficient.
– The government of West Bengal has announced the West Bengal Lakshmi Bhandar Yojana. – The female head of the household will receive financial assistance under this plan. – The monthly monetary assistance would be Rs 500 for general categories and Rs 1000 for SC and ST categories. – This initiative will assist 1.6 million West Bengal residents.
– This plan was created with the state monthly average family consumption expenditure of Rs 5249 in mind. – This scheme will cover around 10% to 20% of the beneficiary’s monthly expenses. – The benefit money under this plan will be sent straight into the beneficiaries’ bank accounts. – The West Bengal government has set out Rs 12900 crores for the execution of this plan.
– The candidate must be a West Bengali citizen. – This plan is open to all SC and ST households. – Families with at least one tax-paying member cannot apply for this plan in the general category. – Citizens from the general group who own more than 2 hectares of land are not eligible for this plan.
– Aadhar card – Caste certificate – Ration card – Residential certificate – Age proof – Bank account details – Passport size photograph – Mobile number