To provide housing for the MIG and EWS/LIG classes, the Indian government launched the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Housing for All (Urban) in 2015. Both the federal government and local governments will provide support for the PMAY Urban program’s implementation in India’s State and Union Territories. In an effort to provide “Housing for All” in urban areas, the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban program has approved the construction of 1.05 crore dwellings, providing affordable accommodation for the city’s impoverished.
A 6.5% interest subsidy will be provided by the government to the Low Income Group (LIG) and the Economically Weaker Section (EWS). 4% and 3%, respectively, for Middle-Income Groups I and II on house loans acquired by eligible recipients under the Credit Linked Serviced Scheme (CLSS) over a 20-year duration.
– To close the disparity between the supply and demand of housing as it stands – Encouraging affordable housing among the less fortunate members of society through the Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme (CLSS) – To give qualified households financial assistance for the construction of new dwellings – To allow private developers to build pucca homes for the slum’s residents
– Depending on their income level, beneficiaries might receive a 6.5% interest rate subsidy on housing loans. – Ground-floor accommodations will be given preference to senior persons and those with disabilities. – One can get a loan to build a house or to purchase an existing one. – A loan’s maximum term is 20 years.
– You must not own a home in any region of the country. – You have never received housing aid through any other program. – If you apply as a married couple or joint owner, the grant will be awarded as one.
Economically Weaker Section (EWS) people have a household income of Rs. 3 lakh or less. To apply for EWS benefits, however, you must provide the proper documentation. The maximum amount of carpet that can be utilized is 30 square meters.
This category covers persons with a monthly family income of between Rs 3 lakh and Rs 6 lakh. To be eligible for the benefits, you must provide an income certificate or other proof of income. The maximum carpet area permissible in this category under the PMAY Urban Scheme is 60 square meters.
People in this category earn less than Rs 12 lakh per year. You can apply for a loan of up to Rs. 9 lakh to build or purchase a 160-square-meter home.
If your annual household income falls between Rs 12 lakh and Rs 18 lakh, you are eligible to apply for a home under the PMAY Urban Scheme. A maximum square footage of 200 square meters qualifies for a housing loan of up to Rs 12 lakh.
– Visit the official site and click on the “Log in” option on the homepage. – Select “Slum Dwellers” or “Benefits Under 3 Components” under “Citizen Assessment.” – Then, insert your Aadhaar Number and Name. – The system will next validate your Aadhaar information. – Fill out the form with all of the necessary information. – Then input the captcha code. – Finally, click the “Submit” button to finish the application procedure.
– Go to the PMAY Urban official website and click on “Track your Assessment Status” under “Citizen Assessment.” – A new page will appear on the screen with two options for determining the state. Using the Assessment/Application ID Enter your Name, Father’s Name, and registered Mobile Number. – Choose one of the options and provide the necessary information. – Finally, click the “Search” button to see the application status on the screen.