Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana | PM Ujjwala 2.0 | PMUY 2023 | Ujjwala Yojana Online Application Form | PMUY Guidelines & Docs
Even now, many homes in our country lack access to LPG. As a result, they encounter numerous obstacles. With this in mind, the Central Government started the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana on May 1, 2016. Cooking gas would be made available to women in the country who have APL, BPL, or ration cards under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Scheme.
The Central Government’s Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas will manage this scheme. In this article, we will tell you about all the details of the PMUY scheme including its objectives, eligibility, and how to apply for the PM Ujjwala Yojana. So, read the entire article.
Join our telegram group for getting the latest update regarding All Government Schemes and Yojana
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana 2023
The national government is offering financial support of Rs 1600 to women from all BPL and APL ration card-holder families through the PMUY Yojana. The central government will offer LPG gas connections to all APL and BPL families in the country through the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana 2023. To apply under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana, the beneficiary woman must be 18 years old or older.
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana 2.0
The Prime Minister of our country, Narendra Modi, introduced the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana 2.0 via video conference on August 10, 2021. Beneficiaries will receive free refills and hot plates, as well as LPG gas connections. Beneficiaries will also receive interest-free loans to purchase gas stoves.
In this project, ten ladies were provided LPG connections via virtual means. On behalf of the Prime Minister, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath handed over the LPG connection paperwork to the recipients.
Beneficiaries will no longer be required to provide their ration card or address evidence. To establish proof of address, you must submit a self-declaration. PM Modi handed free cylinders to recipients for 6 months during COVID.
Overview of the PMUY Scheme
|Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
|01 May 2016
|Provide LPG connections to women from BPL households
|Reduce health hazards/diseases and air pollution caused by the use of unclean fossil fuels
|Distribution of LPG connections among 5 Crore BPL households by the year 2018-19
|3 years, FY 2016-17, 2017-18 and 2018-19
|Rs. 8000 Crore
|Rs. 1600/- per LPG connection.
|Type Of Scheme
|Central Govt. Scheme
|All Ration Card Holder Families
|EMI facility for meeting the cost of stove and refill
Purpose of the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
The primary goal of the PMUY Yojana is to promote clean LPG fuel in India, as opposed to impure fuel, and to protect the environment from contamination. Women from low-income families must collect wood and prepare food by burning the stove, which pollutes the health of mothers and children. LPG gas is harmful to the health of women and children. This strategy promotes women’s empowerment.
Eligibility Criteria for Applying the PMUY
- Applicant must be female.
- The age of the applicant should be before 18 years.
- The applicant should be below the poverty line to get the benefit of the PMUY scheme.
- Applicant should have a bank account
- Applicant should not already have an LPG connection.
How to Apply for the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Online?
- Go to the official Ujjwala Yojana website.
- On the home page, select the “Apply for PMUY Connection” option.
- A dialogue window will then appear in front of you.
- You must select one of the options from this dialogue box.
- Click Here to Apply (Indane)
- Click Here to Apply (Bharat Gas)
- Click Here to Apply (HP)
- After that, a new page will appear.
- On this screen, enter the requested information such as the distributor name, your name, your address, mobile number, pin code, and so on.
- You must now upload all of the necessary paperwork.
- Following that, you must select the Apply option.
How to Apply for the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Offline?
- Women who want to apply for the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana can download the application form from the official website.
- After that, correctly fill out the application form such as Aadhar card number, mobile number, name, address, and so on.
- After that, attach all of your documents to the application form and submit it to your local gas agency.
- Your LPG gas connection will be given within 10 to 15 days once the gas agency officer has verified your application form and supporting documentation.
Benefits of the PMUY Scheme
- This initiative will aid women living below the country’s poverty level.
- This PMUY would provide free LPG gas connections to women around the country.
- PM Ujjwala Scheme will be available to women over the age of 18.
- This initiative will make it easier for women to cook food.
- The primary goal of the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana is to provide free gas connections to 8 crore households.
Required Documents for Applying the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- BPL certificate issued by Municipality President (Urban Area) / Panchayat Pradhan (Rural Area)
- Identity Proof (Aadhar Card or Voter ID Card)
- BPL ration card
- Aadhaar Number of all family members
- Passport Size Photograph
- Address Proof
- Caste Certificate
- Jan Dhan Bank Account Statement / Bank Passbook
- Declaration of 14 points in the prescribed format which is signed by the applicant.
Beneficiaries of the PM Ujjwala Scheme
- All those people who are listed under SECC 2011.
- People of all SC / ST families of Pradhan Mantri Gramin Awas Yojana.
- People coming below the poverty line.
- People are covered under Antyodaya Yojana.
- Forest dweller.
- Most backward classes.
- Tea and Pooch tea plantation tribes.
- People living in river islands.
PMUY State-wise Connection Distribution
|Name of the States
|Total Connections Provided
|Andaman & Nicobar Islands
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli
|Daman and Diu
|Jammu and Kashmir
The process to Download All Important Forms
- Visit the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana official website.
- On the home page, select Forms.
- You will get the following options.
|Supplementary KYC document and undertaking
|Self-declaration for migrant
- You must select the appropriate form option.
- The form will now appear in PDF format in front of you.
- Next, select the Download option.
How to Register for Portability?
- Go to the OMC website.
- You must register on the home page.
- After then, you must log in.
- After logging in, a list of distributors will appear on your screen.
- This list will also include data on the distributor’s refill delivery performance.
- You must choose the distributor from this list based on your needs.
- Then, you will receive an email confirming your portability request.
- There are no fees or security deposits required to get portability.
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana Updates
Women who are living below the poverty line (BPL) in the country, would be eligible for free gas under this scheme until September 30th. The cylinder will be supplied. Over 7.4 crore women in the country have received free gas cylinders through the Ujjwala scheme.
PMUY New Consumers
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Scheme includes LPG cylinder connections. Throughout the last four years, this scheme has provided approximately 8 crores of LPG connections. With these 8 crore connections, the country’s LPG consumer base has increased to 29 crores. Under the Ujjwala Yojana, any citizen from a BPL family can apply for a gas connection.
To apply, fill up the form and return it to the local LPG station. When submitting the form, you must choose whether you want a 14.2 kilogramme or a 5 kg cylinder. The form for this plan can also be obtained from Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana’s official website.
Extension of Budget
This scheme has so far benefited a vast number of women. The Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Program offers financial assistance of Rs. 1600. The beneficiary can get a gas connection with this money. This scheme also includes an EMI facility for purchasing a stove and repaying the expenses paid when filling an LPG cylinder for the first time.
Our country’s Finance Minister, Nirmala Sitharaman, has declared that under this scheme, one crore more individuals will receive LPG gas connections in the fiscal year 2021-22. This technique can thus be expanded. So that we can reduce pollution and improve women’s health.
How to Locate Your Nearest LPG Distributor
- Go to the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana’s official website.
- Then, select one of the options under “Locate Your Nearby LPG Distributor.”
- Bharat Gas
- Next, you must choose your state and district.
- Now select the “Locate” option.
- You can see the necessary information on your computer screen.
Facts of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana 2023
- Families that qualify for the scheme will receive Rs 1600. The money will be deposited into the women’s household account. Family members are also provided with EMI services.
- The government began providing free gas cylinders under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana on the basis of the first instalment on April 1. The Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Program would provide only three 14.2 kilogramme LPG cylinders.
- Every beneficiary will receive one free cylinder per month. When the first gas cylinder is delivered, the cost of the second instalment is charged to the consumer’s account. Following that, the third instalment will be made. There should be a 15-day interval between two refills.
- This scheme is exclusively available to low-income households. And, the government covered 8 crore families in 2019-20.
- The authority has allotted a budget of 800 crores. BPL families must apply for this scheme to receive a free LPG connection.
- Because of the lockout, those who have already applied for Ujjwala Yojana will receive free LPG until June 2020.
- The PMUY initiative is currently operational in 715 districts across the country.
Refill Booking Contact Information
However, you can book refills from the Common Service Centre. Even online payment can be made after refill booking.
For Bharat Gas
For Indane Gas
For HP Gas
If you still have problems after reading this article, you can call the helpline numbers 1906 and 18002333555 to get help.
Frequently Asked Questions
The Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) aims to protect women’s and children’s health by supplying them with clean cooking fuel – LPG – so that they don’t have to risk their health in smoky kitchens or roam in dangerous places collecting firewood.
Beneficiaries would receive a 200 subsidy straight in their bank account under the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana.
Absolutely, under Ujjwala 2.0, OMCs will provide free LPG stoves and first refills to customers.
There is little doubt that the Ujjwala Yojana has been one of the most effective on-the-ground stories in India, where implementation is viewed as one of our programmes’ weakest links.
More than 9 million Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana participants will now receive a 200 per gas cylinder subsidy for up to 12 cylinders.
During these difficult circumstances, the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana will have a significant influence. Those living below the poverty line will have free access to LPG cylinders to help them get through the country’s lockdown due to COVID.
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana 2023 – Apply Online
- Free Scooty Distribution Scheme 2023 – Apply Now
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana 2023: Apply Now To Get Benefit
- Air Force Agniveer Phase 2 Admit Card 2023 Out – Download Now
Join our telegram group for getting the latest update regarding All Government Schemes and Yojana