Senior Citizen Card Scheme | Apply for Senior Citizen ID Card 2023 | Senior Citizen Card Benefits | Senior Citizen Card Online | Senior Citizen Card Online India
The central government issues senior citizen cards to provide many special facilities to senior citizens in light of the large number of elderly people in the nation and their ongoing problems. Since getting older makes everything more difficult for seniors, having a good income is not a necessity for everyone. The government has created schemes like the Senior Citizen Card as a result.
The Senior Citizen Card offers a variety of advantages to senior citizens. This card is a type of identity card that contains all of the cardholder’s personal information. Seniors older than 60 years of age are given these cards. If you are a senior citizen as well and want to benefit from this scheme offered by the federal and state governments, you must apply online for a Senior Citizen Card.
Join our telegram group to get the latest update regarding All Government Schemes and Yojana
Senior Citizen Card Scheme
Every state government produces Senior Citizen Cards for residents who are 60 years of age or older. This card includes all of the senior’s personal information, including blood type, emergency contact information, allergy information, and information about other medications, among other things. Senior Citizen Cards provide access to a variety of special services as well as benefits from private programs, in addition to those provided by the federal and state governments. The card provides senior citizens with tax advantages, affordable train and air travel, low phone rates, and simplified banking.
Overview of the Senior Citizen Card Scheme
|Name of the Scheme
|Senior Citizen Card
|Senior citizens above 60 years of age
|Providing many special facilities to senior citizens through Senior Citizen Card
|Benefits of state government as well as private schemes
|1291 to 100
Benefits of the Senior Citizen Card
Senior Citizens Card holders are eligible for a variety of special services. The advantages of creating a Senior Citizen Identity Card are as follows, with more information.
- Through this card, senior citizens are eligible for rail and air travel discounts.
- Income tax paid using the Senior Citizen Card is less than with other methods. There are numerous circumstances in which filing returns is not required.
- More senior citizens than the general public are interested in FD.
- In the Post Office Investment Scheme, senior citizens receive more advantages and facilities than regular people.
- Senior citizens are eligible for free care in government hospitals as well as discounted hospital care.
- Senior Citizen Card holders are exempt from registration fees and from monthly rental fees when applying for jobs with government companies like MTNL and BSNL.
Eligibility Criteria for Applying the Scheme
- The applicant must be over the age of 60 to obtain a Senior Citizen Card.
- The applicant must have a certificate of permanent residence from his state.
How to Apply for the Senior Citizen Card Scheme 2023?
Senior citizens must apply for a senior citizen card through their state government’s website. Its form is only available on the state government’s website where it is possible to fill it out online. Aside from that, if you are a resident of any state, you can apply for a Senior Citizen Card through the Senior Citizen Card Agency’s official website. You can easily register by following the steps listed below.
- Go to the Senior Citizen Card Agency’s official website.
- On the homepage, select the “New Registration” option.
- When you click, the application form will appear in front of you.
- Now you must carefully enter all of the requested information in this application form such as
- Name, Date Of Birth, Blood Group, Address, State, Pincode, Taluka, Email Address, Relative Name, Phone number etc.
- After entering all of the information, click the submit button.
- After application verification, you will get the Senior Citizen Card.
Required Documents for the Scheme
- Documents for Proof of Age: A passport, PAN card, school leaving certificate etc.
- Residence Certificate Paper: Ration card, passport, election card, electricity or phone bill.
- Medical information sheet: Blood report, medicine and allergy report.
- Passport size photograph and mobile number of the concerned relative.
The government has also issued a toll-free number to obtain any type of information regarding the application process for obtaining a Senior Citizen Card. Senior citizens can contact the authorities for more information by dialling the toll-free numbers 1291 or 100.
- Pradhan Mantri Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana (PMJJBY) 2023
- Atal Pension Yojana: Apply Online for APY 2023
- Telangana Aasara Pension Scheme 2022: Overview, Eligibility Criteria, and Application Procedure
- Pradhan Mantri Shram Yogi Mandhan Yojana
- E-Census Scheme: Online Registration & Application Process 2023
Join our telegram group to get the latest updates regarding All Government Schemes and Yojana