One Nation One Ration Card Scheme | One Country One Ration Card | Download Your Ration Card | Benefits of Ek Desh Ek Ration Card & Application Status
Union Food Minister and Public Distribution Minister Ram Vilas Paswan announced the One Nation One Ration Card Scheme, under which citizens will get their rations free from any PDS shop throughout the country. Citizens from any region will get the benefit of the scheme and be able to obtain rations from PDS ration shops in any state of the country. In this article, we will tell you all the details regarding the One Country One Ration Card Yojana. So, read till the end.
Join our telegram group for getting the latest update regarding All Government Schemes and Yojana
One Nation One Ration Card Scheme
Finance Minister of our Country, Nirmala Sitharaman, made a new announcement to provide relief to the country’s poor people who have been affected by the lockdown. This One Nation, One Ration Card scheme will help 67 crore people across 23 states in the country. It would be linked to 83% of PDS beneficiaries. All beneficiaries will join by March to this scheme. People of the country can obtain rations at a reasonable price from any area of the country by using their ration cards.
Overview of the One Country One Ration Card Yojana
|One Nation One Ration Card Scheme
|Shri Ram Vilas Paswan
|To ensure that no person is deprived of subsidized food grains
|30 June 2030
|All India Ration Card Holder
|Food Corporation of India
Objectives of the Scheme
- The objective of the One Nation, One Ration Card initiative is to help stop false ration cards throughout the country and to reduce corruption.
- With the introduction of this strategy, a person will not have any difficulty obtaining rations if he moves from one location to another.
- This one-nation, the one-ration-card approach will assist migrant workers more. These people will be completely fed.
- The national government intends to launch this scheme in other parts of the country as soon as feasible so that more people can benefit from it.
Benefits of the One Country One Ration Card Scheme
- Everybody in the country can benefit from this scheme from June 2020.
- Poor people who relocate from one state to another in pursuit of work can benefit from the one country, one ration card scheme.
- With the aid of his ration card, every consumer can buy his share of food grains from any PDS shop with transparency and ease.
- The start of integrated management of the PDS system is happening quickly in various states across the country, including Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Karnataka, Rajasthan, Haryana, Jharkhand, Kerala, Tripura, Telangana, Maharashtra, and others.
How to Apply for the One Nation One Ration Card Scheme?
Under the one country one ration card scheme, no ration card holder in the country is required to make any kind of online or offline application. However, the state and central governments may verify the beneficiaries’ ration cards over the phone using Aadhaar cards based on the available data. The Integrated Management will get the data through the Public Distribution System. As a result, all eligible citizens will be able to obtain their ration from any part of the country.
Selection Procedure of the One Country One Ration Card
All state governments provide ration cards in two formats, APL ration cards and BPL ration cards. They are granted APL and BPL ration cards based on their income. Similarly, the One Nation One Ration Card selection process will be done on a similar basis. In this post, we will tell you in detail who falls under the APL ration card category and who falls under the BPL category.
- APL Category – Those living over the poverty level are given an APL Ration Card. If you are financially capable, you must apply for an APL Ration Card.
- BPL Category – People in the country who live below the poverty line are given a BPL ration card. If you fall below the poverty line, you must apply for a BPL Ration Card.
How will Ek Desh Ek Ration Card Yojana work?
This ration card will function similarly to your mobile number. So, you can use the One Country One Ration Card in any state. Starting on October 1, 2020, those who are eligible for the Public Distribution System (PDS) can purchase subsidised food grains at Fair Price Shops (FPS) of their choosing. According to the National Food Security Act of 2013, 81 crore people in the nation have access to ration stores that sell rice and wheat for Rs 3 per kg, Rs 2 per kg, and Rs 1 per kg (PDS).
One Nation One Ration Card Format
The central government has given several states and union territories a structure for issuing ration cards to ensure nationwide mobility. Under the One Country, One Ration Card programme, all states are required to issue ration cards in this manner. The following are some of the benefits of using the One Country, One Ration Card format.
- The new ration card will have the needed minimum information, but the state government may add additional information if necessary.
- Ration cards are available in both Hindi and English. In addition, ration cards might be issued in the local language.
- The online One Nation One Ration Card form will require a ration card number of 10 digits. The first two digits of this ten-digit ration card number will be the state code, followed by the ration card number.
- Aside from these four numbers, a set of two extra digits will be added to the ration card number to generate a unique ID for the household members on the ration card.
Features of the ONORC Scheme
- The central government initiated the one country, one ration card scheme to distribute rations to migratory citizens.
- Food goods such as wheat rice, for example, are offered at a low cost under this scheme. Under this plan, every citizen of the country can collect his ration from any PDS outlet.
- All ration card holders can profit from this scheme.
- This scheme was established under the National Food Security Act of 2013.
- One Nation, One Ration Card covers 5.25 lakh ration outlets across the country.
- Rationing is done by a biometric mechanism in this arrangement.
- Aside from that, residents over the age of 65 and the disabled receive rations at their homes.
One Nation One Ration Card Update
The One Country One Ration Card Scheme will now include Mizoram, Sikkim, and Odisha in an effort to lessen this issue. With this, there are now 20 states where the Ek Desh Ration Yojana is being used to benefit ration card holders who work in different states. Ration card holders will be able to purchase food grains at a reduced cost from government ration shops located around the country.
Citizens will now receive their rations via their Aadhaar number. Even the ration card holder needs to verify their fingerprint to get a ration. Beneficiaries can now obtain rations from any reasonable-priced retailer under this arrangement. This strategy shall be executed without regard for race or ethnicity. So far 7 crore beneficiaries take benefit of it.
On January 1, this year, 12 states joined forces, and now 17 states are under the integrated supervision of the Public Distribution System (PDS). This will benefit 600 million of the 810 million people covered by the Food Security Act. This One Nation One Ration Card Scheme will help migrant workers greatly to get subsidized food grains anywhere in the country.
Ek Desh Ek Ration Card is used in 32 states and union territories around the country. If a migratory labourer travels from one state to another, he can transmit this information via the Mera Ration app. So, they can acquire rations in that state. Also, the ration card holders can find out how many PDS-operated ration shops are near their homes through the Mera Ration app. This scheme covers 5.25 lakh ration outlets across the country.
States in the ONORC Scheme
Go to the official website of the Integrated Distribution Public Distribution System (IMPDS). The home page will appear where you can find a list of all the states.
|Jammu and Kashmir
|A state in Eastern India
|Daman and Diu
Mera Ration Mobile App & Its Benefits
The government will now introduce the Ek Mera Ration Mobile App as part of the One Nation One Ration Card initiative. Any citizens who travel to another state for work will be able to acquire rations through this app.
Benefits of the Mobile App
- This app can locate the nearest ration shop.
- Beneficiaries can obtain information about their food grain entitlement.
- The Mera Ration app can also provide information on recent transactions.
- This app also provides information on Aadhaar seeding.
- You can also provide recommendations and feedback through the Mera Ration Mobile App.
- The applicant can complete the application form in both Hindi and English.
How to Download Mera Ration Mobile App?
- Open the Google Play Store on your phone.
- Now, type “my ration app” inside the search box.
- And, click to search.
- A list will appear with several related apps.
- Then, select the first choice from this list.
- Click the “Install” option to download “My Ration App” to your phone.
How do you Link a Ration Card with Aadhar Card?
- Go to the Unique Identification Authority of India’s official website.
- On the home page, click the Start Now button.
- Then, enter your address.
- Now, select the “Ration Card Benefit” option.
- After that, enter your Aadhar Card, Ration Card, Email Address, and Mobile Number.
- Click on “Get OTP” to get an OTP on Your registered mobile number.
- Enter the received OTP into the OTP box.
- You will see the “Process Complete” option on your screen.
Survey of the One Nation One Ration Card Scheme
- The government introduced the One Nation, One Ration Card scheme in 2019.
- The major goal of the scheme is to revolutionise India’s Public Distribution System and help migrant employees.
- This scheme makes the Khad Suraksha benefit portable.
- Ration card holders can now obtain rations from any location in the country.
- Officials’ implementation of the system has been assessed using primary data.
- Approximately 6750 PDS recipients and 1540 PDS dealers were polled across the country.
- This comprised interviews with various research and government stakeholders, as well as a study of the available literature.
- According to the results of this survey, there is widespread awareness of portability, but its benefits do not reach all citizens.
- Ration card holders in 48% of households are fully aware of the portability.
- Furthermore, 31% of households thought at least one portability option was available.
- 20% of households had no idea about portability.
- Aside from that, the survey revealed that it is difficult to reach out to the weaker members of society.
- Approximately 70% of migrant households reported that having access to their ration through portability was beneficial.
- 22% said their rationing experience was neither excellent nor poor.
- Aside from that, around 77% of low-income families lacked a ration card.
- The survey revealed that awareness would be raised in order for the scheme to reach a wider audience.
- PDS dealers and newspapers will help spread the word.
- Additionally, the existing PDS should be upgraded to improve connectivity.
A helpline number will also be provided to answer any issues originating from the One Nation One Ration Card Scheme. The number for this helpline is 1967. The beneficiary can lodge his complaint by calling this hotline number. In addition, if the fair price business owners have any problems, they can call 9717198833 or 9911698388.
Frequently Asked Questions
It was officially launched in August 2019 and will be implemented in 32 states by the end of December 2020.
According to data given by Finance Minister till December 2020, 32 states and UTs have implemented the ONORC system.
Yeah, this plan is being implemented in Madhya Pradesh, therefore you can use your Bihar ration card in MP.
IMPDS, or Integrated Management of Public Distribution System, is essentially an online portal that holds all PDS information for all states where ONORS has been implemented.
Once all States and UTs have implemented the scheme, approximately 80 million people will be able to benefit from it.
Following the scheme’s implementation, the government will issue digital ration cards to all such beneficiaries. As of now, the government has not issued any nods in this regard, but we can expect it to be available soon.
- Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana 2023 – Apply Online
- Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana 2023: Ujjwala 2.0 (PMUY)
- Free Scooty Distribution Scheme 2023 – Apply Now
- Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana 2023: Apply Now To Get Benefit
- JNU Recruitment 2023 Notification: Apply for 388+ Non-Teaching Posts
Join our telegram group for getting the latest update regarding All Government Schemes and Yojana