West Bengal Govt initiates various schemes for the advancement of individuals. Mainly for those, who have a place with weak monetary classification. Recently state govt decided to provide financial support for a housing project.
Read more about this West Bengal Snehaloy scheme, eligibility criteria, online application and registration, and details.
|West Bengal Snehaloy Housing Scheme 2022
In West Bengal, more than half the population is associated with rural areas. On 3rd March 2020, West Bengal’s Hon’ble Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee started a new housing scheme in the state during a rallying name West Bengal Snehaloy Prakalpa Housing Scheme.
Under this scheme state government provides Rs. 1.20 lakhs to each to build the home, people who do not have their own houses due to their poor and weak economic conditions can apply under this scheme.
Online applications for the West Bengal Housing Scheme will be accepted through the Didi ke Bolo portal. The main to starting this scheme is to provide homes to everyone in the state so, the state government provides loans in this direction.
Know about West Bengal Snehalay Housing Scheme
Mamta Banerjee, the hon’ble chief minister of West Bengal conducted a rally on 3rd March 2020, and in that rally, she told about the new WB Snehaloy Scheme. After the implementation of this scheme, houses will be provided to all of those people who have no roof to hide their heads. Cause it’s hard to live without houses in different weather.
The entire amount of assistance would be provided by the state government, in the WB Snehaloy Housing Scheme 2022-21. There are 25,000 people from the economically weaker sections (EWS) category who does not have their own houses. They had telephoned the chief minister’s grievance cell requesting a house to live in as they are not entitled to Bangal Awas Yojana.
Overview of West Bengal Snehaloy Housing Scheme (WBSHS)
|Name of Scheme
|West Bengal Snehaloy Housing Scheme (WBSHS)
|Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee
|Citizens of the State (Economically Weaker Section)
|Number of beneficiaries
|Housing availability to families
|Announcement of plan
|3 March 2020
|1.20 Lakh rupees
|Name of State
|Scheme/ Yojana/ Yojna
|Through the District Magistrate of the concerned District, Housing Department will implement the scheme.
|The scheme under
|The State Government
Provision of Land
The Scheme will be implemented on the land provided by the beneficiary owned by him or her/ Patta land/ any other land having a legal right of beneficiary family to construct dwelling unit thereon free from encumbrances.
Unit Cost of the dwelling Units under this scheme
a) In plain areas:- Rs 1,20,000/- per unit.
b) In Hilly and Forest areas:- Rs 1,30,000/- per unit.
Eligibility Criteria for applying West Bengal Snehaloy Housing Scheme (WBSHS)
Although the detailed notification about the scheme is not yet opened to the common public of the West Bengal State, we all are aware of the common criteria that need to be taken care of while applying for the scheme.
- Individuals with legal and permanent residential proof of this state will be permitted to apply for this scheme.
- Applicants who are going to apply must belong to the BPL category
- The candidates must belong to the Economically Weak Category (EWS) to partake in this project.
- For those who have filed a complaint about no houses in the Didi Ke Bolo portal, only those applicants are available for availing themselves of the benefit of houses.
Key Features of Snehaloy Housing Scheme
- A total amount of 1.20 lakh rupees will be provided by Mamata Banerjee’s government to build a house for the beneficiary under this scheme of the state government.
- The Snehaloy Housing scheme provides for one-time financial assistance for the construction of pucca dwelling units of a minimum of 25 square meters plinth area will be available to the beneficiaries by direct bank transfer.
- Around 25,000 people from EWS had telephoned the chief minister”s grievance cell requesting a house to live in. They are not entitled to our housing scheme Bangle Awas Yojana.
- Size and design of dwelling unit may be varied as per land availability, ensuring more or less 25 square meters plinth area as per norms with low-cost toilet.
Objectives of Snehaloy Housing Scheme
- To provide a pucca dwelling housing unit to people not owning a pucca house in her name or in the name of any family member in West Bengal.
- The scheme helps those economically backward people who belong to EWS. And who do not qualify for the state government’s present housing scheme – Bangle Awas Yojana.
Documents need to apply for Snehaloy Housing Scheme
- Aadhaar Card
- Voter card (Photo ID proof)
- EWS authentication
- Income Certificate
- Passport size photograph
- Bank Details
- BPL Proof
Steps to Apply for Snehaloy Housing Scheme Online Registration
- Applicants have to visit the official website
- On the home page click on apply online
- A new page will be redirected with the West Bengal Housing scheme Registration Form
- Fill in your mandatory details carefully
- Upload the mandatory Documents
- Review your application carefully
- Finally, click on the submit button
Helpline Number & Contact address
GOVERNMENT OF WEST BENGAL, HOUSING DEPARTMENT: P & W BRANCH, New Secretariat Building, 15’Floor, A BLOCK, I. K.S. ROY ROAD. KOLKATA-7OOOO1
It is a beneficiary scheme that was started by the West Bengal state government to provide houses to poor and economically weak people.
According to the reports Rs. 1.20 lakhs will be given to the homeless people to build the home
West Bengal State Government launched this scheme. On 3rd March 2020, CM Mamata Banerjee initiate the scheme.